Powered by Blogger.

Saskia P

Friday, March 8, 2013

I don't know how to start this post other than by saying:

I am in love with Saskia Pougnet's clothes. 


Saskia P Fall Lookbook 2013



Her brand, Saskia P, embodies what I love most: beautiful cuts, classic pieces yet modern in their prints and colours, a true artistic sensibility, all infused with a distinctly European flavour.



Floral scalloped vest with a high-waisted skirt and a skinny belt

 I think she is one of the best designers working in Mauritius today and is definitely someone you should take note of, and buy from. 

She kindly answered my questions, so you can know more about her right here:

How and when did you become interested in fashion? 

I have been interested in fashion and clothing every since I can remember; from an early age I learnt to draw fashion figures, sew, crotchet, knit and embroider. Both my grandmothers were talented seamstresses, so I must have picked up on their skills when I was young, and thanks to them I have been making my own clothes ever since.


Retro patterned bustier dress

 I've heard you went to Italy to study fashion,could you tell me more about your experience there?

I studied fashion design in Florence at Polimoda for four years and then interned at La Perla in Bologna for a couple of months. The whole experience was breathtaking; from the artistic, culturally rich city I was living in, to my course which covered every important aspect of fashion design and marketing, the amazing contacts and friends I made as well as having had the opportunity of attending world renowned fashion fairs/events and having worked backstage at important fashion shows. My years abroad were an invaluable experience that provided the base for me to create my own brand and helped me define my style.



When did you launch your clothing line? How has that been going so far?

I launched my clothing and accessories line Saskia P in January 2011, it has been an amazing adventure. I have learnt so much since the begininng and continue to do so every day, starting a business is hard work but the satisfaction of watching the evolution and growth of the brand is worth every effort.


Do you have a particular aesthetic when it comes to the clothes you create?

I like to define the style of the clothes I create as feminine, classic with a modern touch; I love using classic cuts and incorporating details such as cut-outs and using unusual/astonishing fabrics for a fresh touch. As for the types of fabrics and colours I use; I love to play around with textures, patterns and prints and my colour palette is usually made up of pastels with a few flashes of brights. As all the pieces I create are unique and one-off and I go by the philosophy of quality v/s quantity, each and every piece has been designed and hand-made to be unique and special. 




So where can you find her pieces?

She is taking part in a pop-up store event held in Bagatelle, 'The Bedroom in Bagatelle' until the 10th of March, where she presents her latest collection and other pieces and accessories she has been working on. So if you haven't visited it yet, make sure you do!


More details on where to find her can be found on her blog:

And on the subject of her blog, you should definitely bookmark it:

and her facebook page:


xoxo
Alex

Email: Stylemauritius@live.com
Twitter:@StyleMauritius
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/StyleMauritius

Pages

 

Most Reading