Powered by Blogger.

What have I done, what have I become

Wednesday, November 4, 2015


Wearing: Target skirt (worn as dress), Asos Mimi pointed flat shoes, Karen Walker sunglasses and thrifted bandanna.

I submitted my thesis last Friday but haven't been able to capture my outfit within recent days. As you can see I'm back at my boyfriend's beach house, standing in front of the long grass on the vacant block. In the weeks leading up to my final submission I really took to wearing a bandanna with a plain black shirt and black jeans. There wasn't really any time for the frivolity and escapism of fashion, but I did accessorize a little more than usual and applied red lipstick on a number of occasions. I guess what I was looking for was a way in which I could feel powerful. Wearing a flimsy dress (or rather, skirt as a dress) doesn't necessarily make me feel powerful, but it is, in its own strange way, a luxury. I did really want to wear a pair of clunky shoes (either my Nicholas Kirkwood x Rodarte booties, or J.W. Anderson mother of pearl shoes) but they kind of exaggerated my legs and made the dress look even shorter! It's actually a skirt, but since I don't have much in the way of a bust it's something I can get away with, however, some sort of elastic would make it fit a little better.

Pages

 

Most Reading